South Carolina Gun School teaches a SLED approved curriculum to obtain a South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit. You must be 21 years of age and a resident of South Carolina to take this class to apply for the permit but you can be 19 yrs old and take the class because you have 3 years to submit the paperwork after you have taken the class. You must complete both the written and shooting test with passing scores to be considered for your permit. SLED may take past 90 days to mail your permit to you. This class will cover and answer questions you may have about gun construction, gun handling skills, and questions about the laws. We do fingerprints in the class. All our classes have a NRA Range Safety Officer to assure the safety of our students. We make ourselves available after the class to answer your questions that may come up once you have taken the class.
Veterans please contact us before signing up.
Our course offers:
- Basic firearm construction and operation
- Ammunition construction, identification and ballistics
- Easy to understand safety rules
- Fundamentals of firearm shooting
- Proper firearm storage
- Use of deadly force and South Carolina firearm laws
- Range instruction and demonstrations
- Free assistance in filling out paperwork
What you MUST bring:
- A handgun of any caliber (revolver or semi-automatic)
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition
- Personal eye and ear protection
- An open mind
Optional (not required):
- A belt
- Holster for your gun
Class Package Includes:
- Class Instruction
- Range Fee
- SLED Paperwork
Note:The class price does not include the $50 SLED registration fee and we will cover when this will be paid as well as how to get your fingerprints done to start the application process after the class.
* Minimum of 2 students must be enrolled in each class. If minimum enrollment is not met or there are thunderstorms you will be notified and rescheduled, no refunds. We will gladly move your class to another date that works for everyone if something happens to come up and your unable to make the scheduled date.