South Carolina Gun School teaches a SLED approved curriculum to obtain a South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit. You must be 21 years of age and a resident of South Carolina to take this class to apply for the permit but you can be 19 yrs old and take the class because you have 3 years to submit the paperwork after you have taken the class. You must complete both the written and shooting test with passing scores to be considered for your permit. This class will cover and answer questions you may have about gun construction, gun handling skills, and the laws of carrying concealed and using deadly force in self defense. We will go over all appropriate paperwork and how you will complete the new application process. All our classes have a certified Handgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer to assure the safety of our students. We make ourselves available after the class to answer your questions that may come up once you have taken the class.
Veterans please contact us before signing up.
Our course offers:
- Firearm construction and operation
- Proper firearm storage
- Holsters and Carrying Concealed
- Use of deadly force and South Carolina firearm laws
- Range instruction and demonstrations
- Free assistance in filling out paperwork
What you MUST bring:
- A handgun of any caliber (revolver or semi-automatic)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Personal eye and ear protection
- An open mind
Optional (not required):
- A belt
- Holster for your gun
* Minimum of 2 students must be enrolled in each class. If minimum enrollment is not met or there are thunderstorms you will be notified and rescheduled, no refunds. We will gladly move your class to another date that works for everyone if something happens to come up and your unable to make the scheduled date.